Friday, August 20, 2010

The Countdown is in the Single Digits!

Only six more days left before I get on the plane to Korea!! It's exciting but for some reason it hasn't really hit me yet that I will be going. I mean, I know I'm going but the actual realization hasn't hit I guess, know what I mean? I'm guessing it will hit me on the 26th and I'll probably be bawling and telling my parents I made the wrong decision. It's so hard for me to leave home even though I can't wait to move out...I need to grow up!

So everyone has been asking me how I'm preparing for this trip and I honestly have no idea. I thought all I would need to pack are my clothes and the usual daily stuff like battery chargers, laptop, etc. Oh but I do need to buy a gift since I'm staying with my friend's family for 3 days...any suggestions? But seriously, I can just buy everything else there right? That's what I did when I first "moved" to Indiana. I bought my bedding, school supplies, books, and other bigger items at Walmart (OH please tell me there's a Walmart equivalent in Korea!)

So what have I been doing? I'm trying to see as many people as I can before I leave which has been nice. Yesterday, Hong Kong celebrity Steven Ma and Yurn Siew Cherng (sp?) came for the opening of a jewelry store on Canal/Elizabeth. If you know me, you know that I love Steven Ma and I'm so glad my mom got tickets! Here's a pic I took with them:



Steven Ma is the one closest to me and isn't he sexy?

Tonight, I'm going to watch a play call Made in Taiwan at Union Square. I'm really excited about that. Only a few days left and so much to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment