Thursday, November 18, 2010

Raisa came for a visit! 11/5-11/12

Raisa came to visit me in Korea for a week during 11/5 to 11/12.  I picked her up from the airport (about an hour and a half subway ride from my school to Incheon Airport).


I got cha siew!!

On Sunday we went to a jimjibang (public bath) in Yongsan.  It was definitely interesting because you have to be completely naked.  At first it was very uncomfortable (we even bought swimsuits but since no one was wearing them, Raisa and I toughen up and got undressed). but after taking a shower in public, it was a lot easier.  First we went to the big bathtubs area where each bathtub has a different temperature.  Then we went to the outside jacuzzi which was interesting because it was freezing out but the water is warm.  We also tried the bathtub that has massaging sprays so that was cool.  There were also two types of sauna: aqua sauna which wasn't hot at all and the salt sauna and that was too hot.  Then I took a nap at the napping area.  It was fun!

Dragon Hills Spa

in our free clothing

We also went to Insadong where you can buy a lot of cheap souvenirs!  I also got a Turkish ice cream...where the ice cream sticks onto the cone!!

cool right?!

it's not dripping!!

 While Raisa was here we did a lot of shopping, we went to Myeung-dong and Dongdaemun!


pretty mall

The best part of shopping in Korea is that you get a lot of free facial products.  So to end the week...Raisa and I got beautified :)


No comments:

Post a Comment