Sunday, December 26, 2010

12/24 - TVB City, HK Cultural Center & Tsim Sha Tsui Nightlife

Today, I explored the city by myself!  Since I've been in HK, my grandfather has been with me the whole entire time.  I miss my grandpa a lot but I'm used to having my own independence and being alone.  So finally my grandfather said it's okay for me to go out and explore!

First I took the ferry to Central and caught the subway to Tseung Kwan O which took around an hour and a half.  From there, I took the taxi to TVB City.  I couldn't go inside the city but I was able to take pictures outside.  One day, I"ll be able to go inside for work!

Then I took the bus back to Tseung Kwan O and took the subway to Tsim Sha Tsui.  I wanted to check out HK's cultural center but there was nothing to do there.  I really want to watch a play or see a musical but there was nothing showing at the time.

I then took the subway to Causeway Bay to meet up with my aunt.  I got there early so I walked around a bit.  I passed by a restaurant that was serving desserts so I headed inside and had a ginger milk dessert. 

I met up with my Aunt and she and her goddaughter, Kan Mei Mei and I walked around and had some street food.  Then we took the cable car to meet up with my  Uncle in Wan Chai.  Then we took the ferry across to Tsim Sha Tsui again to check out the Xmas festivities.

Afterwards, we took the subway to check out Temple Street.  Temple Street has a lot of street vendors that sell a lot of random things.  I bought a dress.  We also sampled a lot of street food.

Since it was late, we took the speedboat back to Lamma Island.

Pictures will be posted when I get wifi on my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment