Friday, December 17, 2010

MY SECOND HOME: DORM

So this is a very overdue post but I am finally posting a blog/pictures of my dorm!  So here goes:

First: the walk to my dorm...




The dorm card you need to enter the building:



The entrance/lobby of my dorm...



The elevator I take to my room




My floor :)




My room door - and the door code - it's so convenient...you don't need a key!





What you see first: Ai's and my shoe closet.  Also, remember to put your shoes on the floor before you step in!





Then, our bathroom!  Yep, we have our bathroom!  It's so sweet!  You can shower in the bathroom but Ai and I choose to shower outside...I'll show you pics of that




Here is my closet and my bed...it's a mess...See how many storage space I have!  I have my own closet, cabinets on top of my bed and on the bottom!  I also have a lamp next to my pillow!






Then my desk!  It's a mess but that's because it's almost the end of the semester when I took pics of it!




Here are pictures of my bookcase:


all my FREE posters - rain and lee seung gi :)

books and food!

lots of cosmetics!

We also have our own balcony!  The view isn't the best but it's ours!





Seriously - my room is amazing...wayyy better than DePauw's dorm!  Plus, I pay less than 1,000 USD for a semester- that's so cheap!

Now, here's a tour of the the dorm building.  First this is where we shower, it's so nice:




Now here's a pic of the kitchen.  There's no stove but there's a toaster oven and microwave.  It amazes of me of what my neighbors can cook by just using the microwave!




Now here's a tour of basement level 2:  First stop: the office where you can rent stuff like pillows, blankets, hairdryers, vaccum, etc



Then our lounge where you can watch TV or do homework:



Then the computer lab!



The laundry room + ironing room!  It's huge and so nice!  Plus, they give you detergent and fabric softener for FREE!





Lots and lots of reading room because graduate students work hard!




Now for the gym which is located in the International House but it's free and only a minute walk across.





This is my second home :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anna! ;)
    I want to ask you, what dorm is it? I want to do an exchange study in Korea~ Can you help me out by the name of this dorm? It would be so nice! ;) Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JJ -

    I studied abroad at Ewha Woman's University in Seoul and this was the graduate dorm. They have 2 dorms for international students - International Students Dorm and the Graduate Dorm (both native Korean graduate students and international students).

    If you want more info - feel free to check out the rest of my blog or email me at anna.kung77@gmail.com if you have further questions - I absolutely loved studying abroad there and would love to help out others :)

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete