Tuesday, December 28, 2010

han gok chin gok man na yo :)

Today I met up with Carol, Glaydys and Hannah at Tseun Wan.  I was the first to arrive but the others quickly met up with me and we headed off to find something to eat.  First stop: some Italian place which was amazingly cheap and delicious.  We ordered a pie of pizza, 2 rice/spaghetti dishes, chicken wings, and 2 orders of french fries and it only cost 136 HKD!!!

Afterwards we walked around some malls (there are a shit ton of malls in Hong Kong - way more materialistic than Korean) and visited Carol's mom at her 7-11. 

Then we went to Neway to Karaoke!!!  Wow, HK's karaoke is so different from Korea's nodaebang!  Instead of having a book and choosing a song based on the number in the book, you do it all by the machine.  It was really efficient and you can pick which kind of MV you want (real offiical MV or concert MV).  I only know 2 Chinese songs so I sang that and some English songs but I really enjoyed watching my friends sing in Cantonese.  The songs they sing: I either heard of it and never saw the MV or never heard of it and can learn more!

Afterwards, Gladys left to go home and Carol, Hannah and I went to find dinner.  We went into a mall again and I tried a new HK snack call lololo which is mix mix mix in Chinese.  You order different types of ingredients (such as jellyfish, fake crab meat, chicken, beef, etc) with an order of noodles and the people will mix everything together with garlic sauce.  I ordered 4 ingredients: jellyfish, noodles, crab meat, seaweed, and octopus and it only cost me 10 HKD! 

Then we went to McDonald for dinner because I heard that HK's McDonald is the best in the world.  It wasn't bad and instead of apple pie they have red bean pie.  I bought it and it was disgusting - I don't recommend it!

After dinner we all split up.  It was great seeing my Korean HK friends again - especially Carol and Hannah because they were in my Korean class!  I missed them a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment