Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hanbok Pictures - I'm egocentric :)

Today, I went to Myeungdong to take pictures of me in a hanbok professionally.  Hanbok is the traditional dress that Korean women wear.  I went to Myeungdong right after Korean class but it took me an hour to find the place...the last time I saw the store was back in September...



So I went upstairs to the 6th floor and the woman was very nice and spoke English.  I think I got jipped though because I ended up paying 20,000 for only 1 picture (well actually I got 2 pictures but it was because she printed an extra one by mistake).  It was 10,000 to rent the hanbok and then another 10,000 for just 1 picture!  Luckily, she was very nice to me and allowed me to take more pictures w/ my camera.

She had a huge selection of hanboks, headwears, fans, and shoes for me to wear!  She helped me put on everything and applied make up for me.








For the photoshoot using the store's camera, I had to put my hair up because it's the traditional hanbok style.  Here are the pictures I paid for



However, I like my hair down so right after I was done w/ the professional ones, I put my hair down :)  Here are the pictures took using my digital camera and I think it turned out nicely...just as well as getting it done professionally.  There are more pictures in my Picasa album and facebook!




this is my fave!



gotta keep it real





i love the headband!


At the end, even though I paid too much for it, I really enjoy the session and the fact that I can finally wear a hanbok.  That is probably the last thing on my list to do (besides getting souvenirs) and now I've done really everything I wanted to do in Korea :)

1 comment: