Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thursday (12/2/2010) Shopping Adventure at MyeungDong w/ Tessa

Myeungdong is a huge shopping area in Seoul and is one of my favorite areas here.  They have the one and only Forever 21 store in Korea here and it has 4 stories...it's pretty big but not as big as the one in Times Square.  So on Thursday, I went shopping with a few friends in Myeungdong after dinner.





There are Christmas decorations up in Myeongdong already so I took some pics :)







First stop, the long ice cream vender place!  Look at how long my ice cream is!  Mine is half yogurt/half green tea :)




Then we shopped for make up!!  Now as you all know, I'm not the kind of girl who puts on make-up...at all.  In fact, I never used any facial products before this...I'm blessed with good skin.  But after I've been here, I realized that Korea is make up land.  Seriously.  There are beauty stores all over Korea!  Nature Republic, Innis Free, Skin Food, Etude House, The Face Shop, Saem...just to name a few.  I love how cheap the make up is here so of course I stocked up and bought a bunch!




The best part though is all the free things you get!  The beauty shops here lure people in by giving them free facial masks, cotton tissues, wet tissues, sample etc and all you have to do is go in and look around!  Also, when you buy a lot of stuff they give you more samples!  Sometimes, I just go to myeungdong to get the free facial masks :)  Look at all the free things I got...it looks like I have more of that than what I bought :)



At around 10pm shops began to close which was really early!  I didn't understand why but then it started to drizzle and I'm thinking, gosh are people made out of sugar??  They're not going to melt!!  Shops started to close and girls were running away.  Tessa and I went to a coffee shop to rest our feet.  Afterwards we decided to go home but the rain got heavier and there was thunder and lightening!  So we ran to Mickey Ds and chatted for awhile until we realized that it was midnight.  Midnight means the subways aren't running anymore.  By this time the rain had stopped but we needed to get home!  We tried to hail a cab for 35 minutes but no one would stop for us..not even for other people!

So we walked to Lotte Hotel hoping they will call a cab for us.  They told us they couldn't because none of the taxi companies were picking up and they couldn't even call for their guests...they said the only way we can get home is to try and get a cab.  So we killed some time by taking pics at the nice decorations in the hotel :)




There were lots of taxis outside but for some reason they just won't stop.  I didn't understand why...there were so many people out trying to hail a cab too.  It was very bizarre.  Finally a deluxe taxi stopped for us and drove us back but we were charged more because it's deluxe.  Oh well, luckily we got home and it was a nice adventure for Tessa and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment