Sunday, December 5, 2010

SKIING AT YONGPYONG RESORT!!

So today, I woke up early to catch the free visit Korea year bus.  I originally have a ticket to go to GyeongJu but then I heard that a couple of my friends were going to Gangwon instead for skiing.  So, when we arrived at the meeting point, I asked if I can switch my ticket to Gangwon and they said yes.

 Today was the opening ceremony for the new Seoul to Gangwon line.  First they had the opening ceremony and executives were there to celebrate that.  Then they asked all of us to take a picture :)





Then we got on the bus and the journey took 3 hours.  Along the way we all slept and of course I took pics :)



Windie took a pic of Hannah and I sleeping...but we covered ourselves cus we know karma will come and bite us

We arrived at the Yongpyong Resort in Gangwon and the company gave us free t-shirts and calendars because it was the first day.  We were also told to take another picture for them.





Then we were free to go skiing!  Here are some pics of the resort:






We found out that the next available slot was from 12:30 to 4:30 and we arrived at 11.  So we decided to grab lunch first.  Then we purchased our ticket: skiing + ski rental was only 22,000 won!  I also rented a jacket and pants which only cost 15,000 won.  I bought gloves for 10,000 won.

We rented out lockers and put on our equipment.



Then we headed out to the ski area.  None of us know how to ski but it was expensive to hire an instructor (they only had 3 students per 1 teacher and it will cost 250,000).  So we just went out on our own and listened in on other groups.  Here are some pictures of us:






We were too cheap to buy ski lift tickets so Hannah, Claire and I would carry out skis and walked up the hill.  Then we put our skis back on and ski down the slope.  It was so tiring to walk up the hill but it was so worth it when you can really ski down.  I lost count of how many times I went up there.







At 4:30, we returned our skis and walked around the resort.  Yongpyong Resort was where the Korean drama, Winter Sonata was filmed so we took some pics.





Then we headed out and saw some more opportunities to take pictures.




We got back on the bus at 6pm and arrived in Seoul at 9:30.  Then we went to a meat buffet for dinner.  I had so much fun today!  Today was my first skiing experience and I absolutely enjoy it!  I went with all Hong Kong people so I really had a chance to practice my cantonese...although they made fun of my accent.

I also found out later that somehow I managed to sprain my ankle but it's very minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment